AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 by AVG Technologies can be a very popular free antivirus suite that offers top-rated protection against web viruses as well as other malware programs. Most Windows end-users do not need to pay it for its totally free PC protection like they use Norton, McAfee or Kaspersky. Nonetheless, there are times when you may want to uninstall it completely, e.a., you tested AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 first then you wanna rid of it completely; or you wanna reinstall AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 again or when you need to try another antivirus brand. Also, the following " how to" article on how to uninstall AVG Free AV 2013 and 2012 will be very, very useful ONLY when the normal uninstall procedure does not help you do so.
Whatever be the cause of uninstalling AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012, below you will find both the normal procedure plus the manual procedure for doing that:
The first thing you should do, and, recommended, is uninstall the unwanted/problematic AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 by using the Add/Remove Programs (for Windows XP mates) or employing Programs and Features (for Windows 7 and Vista users) under Control Panel. Follow these instructions to carry out the task:
- Prepare a new antivirus device by downloading an on-line installer or buying the appropriate software CD/DVD for a retail store.
- Disconnect your personal computer from the potentially active Internet connection / Wi-Fi.
- Click on the Start Button, select Settings/Control Panel.
- Open Add/Remove Programs (for Or windows 7 users) or open Programs and Features (for Windows 7 / Windows Vista users).
- Find AVG 2013/2012 in the Uninstall or change a program / Currently installed programs list.
- Click on the Uninstall button behind it, or, right-click and select Uninstall and follow the on screen wizard to start uninstalling AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 automatically.
- AVG 2013 Uninstaller will offer three options to select from. Choose the last Uninstall to continue.
- Now, the wizard will ask you if you would like to keep AVG Security Toolbar and/or AVG LinkScanner or not. If you deselect that provided option, the wizard will further ask if you would like keep your current modified search settings by AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012. Deselect it too to clean every trace of AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012.
- The wizard will now ask if you would like to remove the created user settings and installed Virus Vault contents on your PC. Select both the listed options and click on Next > button on the wizard.
- Then AVG 2013 Uninstaller will now take some time to remove requested items from your computer. After the process completes, the wizard will ask you to restart your machine. You should now restart to complete the process of removing AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012.
Manual Uninstall (Complete Removing of AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012)
AVG company also provides an uninstall utility called AVG Remover that's specially designed to remove its products completely on your computer system. AVG Remover can automatically delete everything relating to your remained AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 installation, including the potentially remained registry objects, installation files, user files, and more.
If the above standard process has failed repeatedly, AVG Remover would be the another option you can choose. Please go to http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities. You' ll find both AVG Remover (32-bit) 2012 and the one (64-bit) on the page, DOWNLOAD TOOLS. Checking through the detailed listing of programs, download the correct version of AVG Remover for your machine. Download the 32-bit when you' ve installed AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 on a 32-bit system or you save the 64-bit if you' running AVG 2013 on a 64-bit computer.
Click Start menu, you then open the command prompt. Similarly, for Windows 7 or Windows Vista end-users, you should run Command Prompt. To enter Command Prompt (aka, cmd.exe program) in elevated mode, right-click on the cmd application, and select Run as Administrator.
Browse and then add the location where you've downloaded AVG Remover while using the cd command. For example, when you' ve kept the executable uninstaller program with your Downloads folder in Windows 7, you should type CD C: \Users\YourWindowsUsername\Downloads.
Now, type AVG_remover and press Tab key on your keyboard to complete the expected filename. Press the Enter key then. You will receive a warning message from AVG Remover.
Click on the Yes button to go on to remove AVG 2013/2012 from your laptop or computer system. It may need system restarts during the whole automated cleaning procedure.
Once the manual uninstall procedure has completed successfully. You can then go ahead and install another antivirus or.. you may be able to re-install AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 at a later time.
So far, removing AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 using the traditional uninstallers like the Add/Remove feature on your Windows operating-system is not very reliable and the main reason you are here is since you have probably tried it often times but failed to remove AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 from your computer. Cuz Windows Add/Remove Program isn't going to always completely clean the whole install of AVG software - it can leave program fragments in Windows Registry Editor that probably cause conflict issues. It is highly recommended that you scan on your hard drive with an uninstaller program. It's going to effectively detect and remove the associated leftover files, and prevent the unexpected registry errors occurring on your PC, and help you improve system performance.
Moreover, with constant error messages and partial software uninstall relating to INCOMPLETE AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 uninstall process, lots of Windows friends want to totally get rid of AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 and all of its files so they can get their computer to work to normal.
Uninstalling AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 properly from computer system can be a frequently searched problem to anyone for who had installed AVG 2013/2012 on their computer, because, you then made a decision to thoroughly uninstall it due to constant error messages or free up more space for your limited drivers.
Now, you can take the ultimate solution for uninstalling AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013/2012 only when the mentioned methods that don' t seem to work properly. Simply click on the blog post at the first place to get more detailed information & help. And, the smart Windows uninstaller program will totally uninstall and remove AVG 2013/2012 from the system within a few moments.